Spring 2012 Research Certificate Seminars
Welcome back for the Spring 2012 Semester! The Law Library is continuing its Research Certificate Seminars this semester, and several Seminars will particularly help hone your database research skills. All of the Seminars will take place on Wednesdays, 4:50pm-5:50pm, in Room A059 in the Law Library. To register for a Seminar, please contact Laura Ray, Instructional Services Librarian, 216-687-6880, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the complete listing of Spring 2012 Semester Seminar dates, topics, and registration deadlines:
- January 25th – Scholarly Writing – register by January 23rd
- February 1st – Casemaker (vendor Webinar) – register by January 30th
- February 15th – Fastcase (vendor Webinar) – register by February 13th
- February 22nd – Lexis Advance (vendor seminar) – register by February 20th
- March 21st – LexisNexis/Westlaw Refresher – register by March 19th
- March 28th – Getting Ready to Clerk – register by March 26th
- April 4th – Ohio Legal Research for your Summer Associate Experience – register by April 2nd
Seminar attendance is limited to 20 students, so make your reservations as soon as possible. Attendees will earn 25 points, and students who earn 100 Seminar points will be awarded Law Library Research Certificates. Seminar points carry over, so points you earned in previous semesters are still good toward your Certificate.
Research Certificate Seminars discuss research materials and resources critical to successful legal practice and scholarly writing, as well as focus on research skills law firms and courts are seeking when hiring associates and clerks. Presented by our team of research librarians, the Seminars offer a unique forum for students to learn more about specific research topics.
For additional information on the Law Library Research Certificate Seminars, please contact Laura Ray, Instructional Services Librarian, 216-687-6880, email@example.com