Summertime Wellness Outdoors in the CLE
It’s no surprise that spending time outside in nature can promote wellness. According to the USDA Forest Service, being outside in nature can boost your physical and mental wellness, as well as promote wellness in the community. And when thinking nature, that doesn’t necessarily have to mean a vacation to a majestic national park – spending a nice evening in your backyard or a local park counts, too.
Here in Cleveland, we’re fortunate to have many great outdoor opportunities right in our area. As we stroll into summer, here are some suggestions to get yourself out and about in the CLE and NE Ohio –
- Spend some time near (or on) the water at Edgewater Park, Hinckley Lake, or Headlands Beach.
- Go climbing at Whipp’s Ledge.
- Picnic while enjoying the Cleveland Orchestra at Blossom.
- Try FootGolf, or let the Cleveland Golf Guide suggest a spot for traditional golf.
- Spend a day at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
- Hike a portion (or all!) of the Buckeye Trail.
- Go on an Adventure Trip or rent gear from CSU Rec Center’s Adventure Rec.
- Take your canine friend to a local dog park.
- Go on a walking tour of the city.
As William Shakespeare wrote, “Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” So make the most of it!